Beliefs of Hillsdale Baptist ChurchAt Hillsdale Baptist Church we hold fast to certain core values and beliefs.
What We Believe About Jesus Christ:
- He is the one and only begotten Son of the Living God. John 3:16
- He is part of the Trinity. God manifests Himself in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, yet He is One.
- He was born of a virgin through divine intervention. Matthew 1:23
- He was crucified, buried and resurrected from the grave. His sacrifice on the cross at Calvary was payment in full for our sins. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- He is alive and well sitting at the right hand of God the Father. Romans 8:34
- He is coming again to call his children home. John 14:3
What We Believe About The Bible:
- All scripture was written under divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit. It is God's living Word. 2 Timothy 3:16
- It is infallible and without error.
- It spans the ages and is as relevant today as it was thousands of years ago.
What We Believe About Man:
- We are all created in the likeness and image of God. Genesis 1:26
- Through one man, Adam, sin and death entered the world and we are all born with that sinful nature. Romans 5:12
- We are in need of a Saviour to redeem us from our sins and that Saviour is Jesus Christ. Without Him we can do nothing.
What We Believe About Salvation:
- It cannot be earned. It is the gift of God given to us through his abundant grace to all who believe and call upon the name of Jesus. Ephesians 2:8-9
- It is the only way to inherit eternal life. John 3:3, 5
- When we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Saviour he sent his Holy Spirit to dwell within us. Thereby are we are sealed until the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30